Ms. Aditi Verma Thakur is well-regarded in the IP domain for her versatile practice. She has to her credit years of diverse experience in advising on contentious and non-contentious aspects of IP subjects, and on intricate corporate and commercialization aspects of IP and related rights.
Some of her achievements include:
- 'Leading Individual’ for IP by the Legal 500, in their 2022 India Edn.;
- ‘Notable Practitioner’ for IP by Asialaw Profiles, in their 2022 India Edn.;
- ‘Leading Lawyer’ for IP by the Legal Era Magazine (India), in their 2022 Edn;
- Announced as a finalist for ‘Trademark Lawyer of the Year’ award, at the 2022 Women in Business Law Awards (APAC);
- one of ‘Top 15 IP Lawyers Across Asia’ for 2021 by Asian Legal Business of Thompson Reuters;
- one of ‘Top IP Lawyers’ India by the ALB India of Thompson Reuters for 2020 and 2021;
- ‘Recommended Individual’ by the World Trademark Review, in their WTR 1000 India 2020, 2021 and 2022 Edn.;
- ‘Trade Mark Star’ in India by IP STARS, for 2021 and 2022;
- one of ‘Top 100 IP Lawyers In India’ by Asia IP, for 2020 and 2021;
- 'Ranked Lawyer' for 'IP' & 'Trademarks' by Legal Media 360 Brand Sentiment Index, in 2021 and 2022;
- ‘Next Generation Partner’ for IP by the Legal 500, in their 2020 and 2021 India Edn.;
- ‘Highly Recommended’ Trademark Lawyer by the Leaders League, in their 2021 Edn.;
- Recommended for IP by Asialaw Profiles 2021;
- Recommended for IP in RSG India Report 2019; and
- Recommended for Trademarks by IP Stars in 2017 and 2018.
International Publication houses while recommending her for IP recorded excellent client testimonials, as:
- “........ a ‘top choice’ for IP, Aditi Verma Thakur joined the team in June 2021. She has a broad practice that spans IP due diligence and audits, acquisitions, joint ventures and licensing transactions, in addition to data privacy cases.” – The Legal 500, 2022
- "We have been working with Ms. Aditi extensively on our branding strategy and enforcement…. . The level of professionalism, transparency and responsiveness she has extended towards our business ventures has quickly made her one of my top choice among all the IP lawyers I have worked with in the past." – Client feedback to The Legal 500, 2022
- “Aditi Verma Thakur, now at IP boutique Ediplis Counsels, is a seasoned IP lawyer and adviser with a special focus on soft and commercial IP matters." A client comments - “… the understanding of legal as well as practical business nuances I saw in Ms Aditi and her team has been truly exceptional.” - WTR1000
- “…Aditi Verma Thakur specialises in trademark and copyright enforcement and defence actions…” - Legal 500, 2021
- “Always available and has a clear explanation for all things.” - Asialaw, 2021
- "Described as ‘very experienced and practical’ in all matters relating to trademarks; and recommended for helping craft an overarching strategy as well as defending IP claims." - RSG India Report, 2019
Her practice extends to conducting IP due diligences and audits, open-source audits, structuring IP acquisitions, and conducting risk analysis about IPs. She often consults on IP commercialisation aspects, such as, license arrangements, technology transfers and licenses, joint ventures and collaborations, work-for-hire arrangements, development arrangements, etc. She has been advising clients for their domain acquisition requirements and has successfully handled domain disputes before the WIPO and .IN Registry (NIXI). She strategically counsels in relation to privacy rights around personal data and sensitive personal information, intermediary liabilities, safe harbour rules, and take down actions under the Information Technology Act. She has also advised clients for customs recordation of their IP rights as part of their anti-counterfeiting campaigns.
Before joining Ediplis, she expanded and spearheaded the IP Practice of IndusLaw for around 7 years where she has been awarded with many accolades in her tenure. In the career spanning more than 13 years, she had also been associated with other celebrated corporate and IP firms in India as their senior IP member.
She has also served as a guest faculty for intellectual property subjects at premier law schools in the country and has made contributions towards several national and international publications.